Yoga is founded on the development of self-awareness, including for each individual practitioner, an awareness of his/her own physical capabilities and limitations, and the rate at which those limitations can be gradually overcome through practise.
It is essential that students retain full responsibility for their own physical well being in applying instructions in the practise of yoga to their own circumstances, both during and outside the classes. Yoga for Life Australia provides instructions to the students in the practise of yoga strictly on that basis.
Yoga for Life Australia will not accept liability for any injury or loss suffered by students in their practise whether during or outside classes.
Injuries are extremely rare in yoga, but we are required to ask you to sign the release below:
- I acknowledge that it is my duty to exercise ordinary care for the protection of others and myself while attending yoga classes at Yoga for Life Australia.
- I understand that it is my responsibility to consult with a physician prior to and regarding my participation in this yoga class. I represent and warrant that I am physically fit and have no medical condition that would prevent my full participation in the yoga class.
- I accept responsibility for informing Yoga for Life Australia about any medical conditions, injuries, pregnancy and changes to my health that may affect my practise, prior to a class commencing.
- I understand that I am participation in yoga during which I will receive information and instruction about yoga and health. I understand that yoga requires physical exertion, which may be strenuous and my cause physical injury and I participate at my own risk and accept responsibility for any loss or injury suffered and will not hold Yoga for Life Australia or it’s instructors responsible for any loss or injury.
- In understand during classes with Yoga for Life Australia, instructors may physically adjust me. I release all personnel of Yoga for Life Australia from any claim whatsoever on account of adjustments, treatment or service rendered during my participation in Yoga classes, Therapy sessions, Workshops and Programs.